How To Put Money on Cash App Card
One of the best peer-peer money transfer companies in the market today is the Cash App. The App comes with a debit card known as the Cash App Card which allows you to carry cash in a more convenient and secure way. With the card, it is possible to do your shopping in any store either online or offline which accepts Visa cards. When you have the card, you do not have to withdraw cash from your checking account. But the big question remains: How do you add money to your Cash App Card? We are glad you asked.
Please read on to understand how easy it is to load money on a cash app card.
- 1 Creating a Cash App Account
- 2 Some Factors to Put In Mind before Linking Your Cash App to Your Bank Account
- 3 How Do You Link The Cash App To Your Bank Account?
- 4 Here Are the Easy Steps To Add Money To Your Cash App Card
- 5 How To View Details of The Money You Receive Through Cash App Card
- 6 Below Are A Few Things You Should Know About the Cash App Card
- 7 Benefits Of Using Cash App
- 8 FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 Final Recap
Creating a Cash App Account
Before you can load or even get the Cash App Debit Card, you must first register for the service. Thankfully, the registration process is quite simple.
The Cash Card App has a very easy account set up procedure. To set up the account, all you will need to do is enter the information that you will be prompted by the system. After that, a verification code will be sent either to your phone or email address. You will need to also confirm the email address or the phone number that you feed into the system. The other step will be choosing which kind of account you want to operate. With Cash Card App, you have two options- you can either operate a business or personal account. The final step after successfully creating your account is to link your active bank account.
When you follow the above steps, then you will have your account in no time.
It is important to understand that the balance on your card is the very same balance on your Cash App. Therefore, before you can use your card for purchases, you must load your Cash App otherwise you will not be able to make any purchases with the card. One way of doing so is by linking your bank account.
Some Factors to Put In Mind before Linking Your Cash App to Your Bank Account
Here are a few factors that you should keep in mind before you link your Cash Card App to your checking bank account.
- You can only use a US bank account : The Cash Card App only works with United States bank accounts. If you want to link the card to your account, then you must have a bank account in the United States. This means that the app will not work with a foreign account.
- Your account must be active : Your bank account must be active in order to link your Cash App. It is important to also note that Cash App Company does not consider pre-paid cards and other peer-to-peer cash transfer accounts such as PayPal as bank accounts.
- You need to provide some information : In order for the link to be successful, you need to provide your bank account and routing number. Without this information, your Cash App account will not be activated.
- Validate account : In order for the company to create your Cash App account, they have to make sure that your bank account is valid. As such, when you register for the service and link your bank account, the App withdrawals a little cash from your bank account to the App. This is to ensure that the account you have provided is active. As such, you should have at least $1.00 in the account that you are linking to the Cash App.
How Do You Link The Cash App To Your Bank Account?
The very first way of adding cash into your Cash App card is by linking your Cash App to your bank account. It is possible to link your Cash App either through the company’s mobile platform or through their website.
As earlier stated, you must link your Cash App to your bank account if you are to load money to your card through the App.
Below are the simple steps that you should follow:
- On your Cash App screen, there is a dollar sign icon. The icon represents your Cash App balance. Go ahead and press the icon.
- After clicking the icon, you will be directed to the next page where you should click on the “Add Bank” option.
- After this, some instructions will display on the screen. Follow these instructions to the letter.
- The next step is to enter your bank accounts details. As earlier indicated, enter your full account number and the bank routing number.
- After this, follow the instructions which will be displayed on the screen.
- How to add money to your Cash App from your linked bank account
Remember, the bank account that you are linking the Cash App to must be active and should have a balance of at least $1. Otherwise, the linking process will not be successful.
Here Are the Easy Steps To Add Money To Your Cash App Card
- On your mobile device, open the Cash App. The best thing is that the app works on both Android and iOS devices.
- On the Cash App screen, you will find a “My Cash” icon down on the left side of the screen. Click on the icon.
- Once you click on the icon, the next page will prompt you to enter the amount of cash you want to transfer. Click on the “Add Cash” icon.
- And as simple as that, you will have loaded your Cash App Card with cash from your linked bank account.
It is important to countercheck the amount you want to transfer from your bank account to the Cash App Card since you cannot reverse the transaction once you hit the “Add Cash” icon. The transaction is instant.
1. Loading Cash through Your Credit Card
Another way by which you can load cash to your Cash App Card is through your credit card. It is important to note though that you will incur a 3% charge for using the credit card to send money to your Cash App Card.
Below is the process of loading your Cash App Card through your credit card.
- On the cash app screens, tap on the profile icon
- You will find the “Add Credit Card” and tap on the option.
- Provide the required credit card information. This information is basically the credit card number.
- Finally, click the “Add Card” option on the Cash App home screen. When you do so, you will have successfully added your credit card to your Cash App Card and it is now possible to transfer cash from your credit card to your Cash App Card.
2. Through Walmart
Another great way that you can use to transfer cash to your Cash App Card is through Wal-Mart. If you want to load money physically into your cash app card through Wal-Mart , walk up to a cashier and tell them that you want to load your Cash App Card. Hand over the physical cash that you want to load into the cash app card to the cashier and they will load it for you. You should note that loading cash to your Cash Card App through Wal-Mart might attract a fee of 2 to 3 dollars for the service.
3. Having Money Sent To Your Cash App Card
Another way by which you can load money into your Cash Card App is by having friends or your clients send money to your Cash App Card.
Below is the process by which you can receive payment into your Cash App Card form a person with the app.
- Instruct the person sending cash to follow these instructions.
- Tell them to open the Cash App mobile app on their device
- Enter the amount they want to send
- Tap on the “Pay” icon.
- Enter your phone number, email address, or your apps username as the recipient’s account number.
- Tell them to select the reason or what they are sending the payment for.
- Finally, they should press “Pay”
Tell them to make sure that all the information they have entered is correct otherwise the transaction will not go through.
And as simple as that you will have loaded your cash app card by receiving funds.
How To View Details of The Money You Receive Through Cash App Card
You are able to see the cash received when you tap the “Activity” icon. To see how much cash you have on the app, simply click on the “My Cash” icon.
Below Are A Few Things You Should Know About the Cash App Card
Since you are now knowledgeable on ways you can use to load your cash app card, here are a few things that you should know about the card.
- Credit card charges : As earlier stated, it is possible to link your credit card to the Cash App Card. However, the company charges 3% of the money that you send to the cash app card from your credit card. If you do not want to pay this transaction fee, it is better to transfer cash from the bank account that you have linked to the cash app card.
- Maximum spending limits : The cash card app has a maximum spending limit. You cannot spend more than $1000 per day or per week. The maximum spending limit per month is $1,250.
- Withdrawal limit : Similarly, the card has withdrawal limits. You cannot withdraw more than $250 per transaction. The maximum withdrawal limit per day is $250. You cannot withdraw more than $1,000 per week and $1,250 per month.
- It is possible to make free ATM withdrawals : With Cash App, it is possible to make free ATM withdrawals provided you set up direct deposit. Otherwise, you will be charged $2 to withdraw cash from the ATM. Also note that the network on which the ATM you are withdrawing cash from might charge you an additional amount.
- The cash is not insured by FDIC : It is important to note that the cash in your card is not insured by the FDIC. Although the card is issued by Sutton Bank which is insured by the FDIC, the Cash App Card which they issue is not insured by the body. The reason being that the funds in the card are not transferred neither are they held with the bank.
- The Cash Card App has two loading speeds: It is worth to note that the Cash Card App has two methods of loading cash. The first is the instant method while the second is the standard method. With the standard method, the cash can take up to3 days before it reflects into your Cash App Card. The process might take longer if the transaction is on the weekend or over the holidays.
The second method is where money reflects instantly into your account. In this second option, money reflects immediately into your account. But you pay a charge of 1.5% for the expedited service.
Benefits Of Using Cash App
- It is cheap to use : One of the greatest benefits of using Cash App is that it is cheaper to use compared to other peer-to-peer money transfer methods. The app does not charge you for sending or receiving cash, does not charge any inactivity fee, you will not pay any foreign transaction fee, and does not charge any foreign transaction fees.
- The Cash App Card is very essential : With the Cash App card, it is possible to make purchases wherever the Visa card is accepted. Though the card, it is very easy to withdraw the cash that you have in your Cash App account if you need cash to perform a certain transaction.
- Cash boosts : It is possible to make savings with the Cash App Card. How is it possible? You might be wondering. Well when you make purchases with the card from some retailers, you get discounts or “boost” as the company calls them. However, only one “boost” can be active at any time. You have the option to swap boosts though.
- You make some cash! : The company uses the referral method to recruit more members. Here is how the system works. Every customer has a referral link. Once another person opens an account through your referral link, you receive $5. You get the $5 for each member that you recruit. As if that is not enough, each new member who joins the network gets $10 as a welcome gift.
- You can buy stock : Another great advantage of Cash App is that it allows you to invest in the stock. It is possible to buy stock from specific companies. There is nothing to fret about if you do not have enough cash to buy the stock you want. The balance will simply be deducted from your linked account. All this will happen of course with your consent.
- You can trade in bitcoins : Are you a cryptocurrency enthusiast? You are in luck since you can buy and sell bitcoin through the app. However, there are some charges involved when dealing with buying and selling bitcoins.
- Cash deposit notification : The app has a service that notifies you when you receive cash into your account. This means that in case you receive money into your card, you will get a notification informing you of the same and the amount of money that you have received.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to add cash into your cash app card without a debit card?
Yes, it is quite possible to add cash into your cash app card without a debit card. You can link your card to your bank account, load money through Wal-Mart, or receive cash from friends or customers to your cash app card.
Is it possible to load money at Wal-Mart?
Wal-Mart is one of the leading stores in the United States. Thankfully, it is possible to load your cash app card in any of the Wal-Mart stores. All you need to do is walk to a cashier and request them to load the desired amount into your card.
Can you use a prepaid card to load money into your cash app card?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to load cash into your cash app card using a prepaid card. In order to load your cash app card, you need a valid credit or debit card.
Is Cash App Card safe to use?
Another question many people ask is whether it is safe to use the card? Yes, it is safe to use the card since the company uses very high-level encryption to ensure that your information remains safe.
A cashless economy has become very popular mainly due to the convenience it offers. Thanks to the cashless economy, one no longer needs to carry cash around. Cash App is one of the services which have made it very easy to receive and transfer cash from one user to the other effortlessly. The best thing is that the company offers a card. With the card, it is possible to make online and offline purchases. Another great feature is that it is very easy to load the card with cash. You can link it to your bank account, receive funds from friends or customers, link a credit card, or load it at a Wal-Mart store.