How to Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App
Would you like to transfer money from Netspend to Cash App? There are many considerations that you should make. To start with, Netspend is a payment company that issues its customers prepaid Visa and MasterCard debit cards that they can use to shop different products and even make payments. On the other hand, Cash App is a payment company that allows you to send and receive money from your friends and relatives. As long as you are a Cash App user, be sure that you will enjoy sending and receiving money on this platform.
The good news is that you can now transfer money from Netspend to Cash App within minutes. Unlike other services, you can always make these transfers 24/7. However, be sure that you will incur a 1.5% fee per transfer. In this article, we shall take a closer look at how you can transfer money from Netspend to Cash App.
- 1 What do I Need to Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App?
- 2 Steps to Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App
- 3 Can I Use PayPal to Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App?
- 4 FAQs – Frequently Ask Questions
- 5 Final Recap
What do I Need to Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App?
Like we mentioned above, you can transfer money from Netspend to Cash App on the go. You do not need to wait for 3 or 5 days like it’s the case with other bank account transfers. However, for you to make these transfers, you need to have Cash App on your device. Therefore, if you do not have a Cash App account, you can create one by downloading this app on your device and then sign up.
Besides signing up, you need to link your Cash App account with a bank account. This is the only way you will be able to access your money after the transfer is complete. As we speak, Cash App acknowledges all linked bank accounts. Besides this, it acknowledges all debit or credit cards that are backed by Visa, American Express, MasterCard, or Discover.
Your bank of choice has to be linked through a debit card. If the bank of choice is linked to the debit card that you will use, be sure that you will be able to withdraw money from any ATM out there. Apart from ensuring that your Cash App is linked to your bank account, and you must have enough funds in your Netspend account. Finally, brace yourself to incur the 1.5% fee mentioned above.
Steps to Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App
When making the transaction mentioned above, there is a series of steps that you should make. They include the following:
- Launch the Cash App on your mobile device.
- Once you open the app, you will see a number of options, including the balance icon on your screen. Click it.
- You will see the ‘Add Bank’ option on your screen. Click it and then fill in the details of your Netspend card number details- account number & routing number.
- On the next screen, you will add other vital details such as your CVV code, ZIP code, and Expiration date
- Once you are done, tap the ‘Add card’ option. You will see it at the bottom right section of your display.
- By doing this, you will have managed to add your Netspend card.
If you do not own or have a debit card, click on the ‘No card’ option. Thereafter, choose a bank from the list you will see on your screen. Afterward, enter the username and the password you will use on the bank’s website.
Once you are done with the steps mentioned above, time is ripe for you to make the instant money transfer from Netspend to Cash App. Better still, you can go for the Instant Deposits to your bank account option. Unlike other options, this one is instant but comes with a fee. If you opt for the direct deposit option, it will take 1 to 3 days to receive money. The good news is that you will not be charged any fee for this transaction.
Can I Use PayPal to Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App?
Yes. As we speak, you can now transfer money from Netspend to Cash App indirectly using PayPal. In fact, it is deemed that this is the most convenient way of transferring funds from Netspend to Cash app. To get started, you should first link your Netspend card to your PayPal account.
Here, details such as your Netspend’s routing and account number will be vital when linking these accounts. Once you are done, you will be able to transfer funds from your Netspend account to your PayPal wallet and finally to your Cash App wallet. This is actually the case as there is no direct way of transferring funds from Netspend to Cash App. In case you do not have a PayPal account, you can consider other alternatives such as:
- Google Pay
As you consider any of these alternatives, bear in mind that each one of them has its own transaction time and costs. Here are the steps that you should follow in order to link your Netspend account with PayPal:
- First, you should log in to your PayPal account
- Choose the ‘Wallet’ button and click it.
- You will see a number of options, including the ‘Link a Bank Account’ option. Click it.
- Key in your account number and the routing number in the fields you see on your screen.
- Tap the ‘Continue’ button.
- Review all the details you will see there and link the account to PayPal
- Tap ‘Add Bank Account,’ and you will have linked your Netspend account to PayPal.
Since you have linked your Netspend account to PayPal, it will be easy for you to transfer money from Netspend to PayPal and later to Cash App. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- Log in to your PayPal account
- On top of your page, click on the ‘Wallet’ option
- Thereafter, click on the ‘Transfer Money’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Add money online’ and then choose Netspend as the source of the money.
After requesting the preferred amount from Netspend, you will be at liberty to transfer money from your bank account that links to your Cash App account. Here are the steps that you should follow for you to transfer funds from PayPal to a bank account:
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Tap on the balance option
- Tap on the ‘Transfer Money’ option
- Thereafter, choose the Transfer to your bank’ option
- Choose your bank account and then click ‘Next.’
- Key in the amount you wish to transfer
- Confirm that every detail is correct, and then choose the ‘Transfer’ option.
Once you have transferred your funds from PayPal to bank account, expect to get them within a period of 3 to 5 days. In case there are holidays in between, it might take a little bit longer. However, you will finally get the money in your bank account. Once you get the money in your bank account, you can go ahead and then transfer them to your Cash App account.
Since you have already linked the bank account to your Cash App account, the process of transferring funds will be seamless. All you need to do is to initiate the transfer process, and you will be good to go. Here are the steps that you should follow so as to add funds to your Cash App.
- Open your Cash App on your mobile device
- Tap on the Banking tab
- Tap on the ‘Add Cash’ option
- Key in the amount you wish to add
- Tap on the ‘Add’ option
- Check and confirm the transaction using either your PIN or Touch ID.
By following the process mentioned above, you will be able to transfer money from your bank account to your Cash App account. This process can be lengthy as you have to use an external 3rd party wallet such as PayPal and then your bank account, and finally Cash App. Therefore, you might have to wait for more than one week in order to get your cash in your Cash App.
FAQs – Frequently Ask Questions
Can you transfer money from Cash App to NetSpend card?
Transferring money from Cash App to Netspend card is as easy as it sounds. All you need is your cash app username and password and a Netspend card number. Here’s how to do it:
1) Open up the cash app and make sure you’re logged in with your username and password
2) Click on “Transfer” at the bottom of your display and select “Transfer Money”
3) Enter the amount of money you want to transfer, enter the Netspend card number, followed by selecting “send”
4) Confirm your transfer by entering your password again
5) You have successfully transferred money from Cash App to Netspend card!
Is there a fee when you transfer money from Netspend to PayPal?
No. You will realize that you will not incur any charges to perform this transaction. Also, when transferring funds from PayPal to a Netspend account, expect that you will not incur any additional charges.
Do I need my Flashpay ID in order to send money to Cash App?
No. You do not need to have your Flashpay ID in order to send money to Cash App. However, you will be required to have your Netspend debit card with you in order to add vital information such as your Netspend account and routing number.
It is important to note that Flashpay ID is normally used to transfer funds to your colleagues and family members. On the other hand, a Netspend debit card is usually used to make payments at physical or online stores. It can also be used to make withdrawals at different ATM outlets out there.
Will I be charged to send money to Cash App?
First and foremost, Cash App transaction services are generally free of charge. However, you might have to part with some money, depending on how soon you want the funds to reach the account. For instance, when sending money through a credit card, be ready to pay a 3% transaction fee. To reduce such costs, it is imperative that you transfer your funds using a Netspend account.
If you want to get money on the spot, be ready to pay a 1.5% transfer fee. It is important to note that a minimum threshold of $0.25 is always set by default. For direct deposits, expect to get money after 1 to 23 days. However, there are no charges for the transaction mentioned above.
Like we have mentioned above, there is no direct method of transferring funds from a Netspend account to a Cash App account. However, by considering the steps mentioned above, you will be able to transfer money safely. As we speak, PayPal is one of the best ways to transfer money from Netspend to a Cash App account. With these details at hand, be sure that you will be able to manage your finances well and even transfer money safely.